Applications folder disappeared from the dock on my mac mini

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open your Finder. Grab the Application folder from the side bar with your mouse or trackpad and drag it and drop it on the RIGHT side of the divider line of the Dock.

OP
C
Reaction score
divider line?

What divider line?

Open your Finder. Grab the Application folder from the side bar with your mouse or trackpad and drag it and drop it on the RIGHT side of the divider line of the Dock.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What divider line?

Look closely at your Dock. On the right side of the Dock you'll see a thin black line on it. Drop the Applications folder to the right of that line. Let us know if that works for you.

OP
C
Reaction score
nope

Look closely at your Dock. On the right side of the Dock you'll see a thin black line on it. Drop the Applications folder to the right of that line. Let us know if that works for you.

There's no thin black line on mine but I did end up getting them back. The folder looks like a music folder but all of them are in there. Thanks for your help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Right click on the Application folder on the Dock that you replaced and select: Name, Folder, List. That should get your folder back to normal. Also I don't know why you're not seeing the line unless you've got your Dock on the sides instead of on the bottom of your display.

OP
C
Reaction score
Yeah!

Right click on the Application folder on the Dock that you replaced and select: Name, Folder, List. That should get your folder back to normal. Also I don't know why you're not seeing the line unless you've got your Dock on the sides instead of on the bottom of your display.

Thanks CHSCAG! I've got it back and it looks like an applications folder! My mini is a few years (3?) old. Maybe there was no black line then? Anyway, I had to figure out how to "right click" as I have the wireless apple mouse and there's no buttons! Thanks for the help! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
TMy mini is a few years (3?) old. Maybe there was no black line then?

Could be a dashed white line - sort of like a lane line on an expressway.

Reaction score
disappearance of app folder from dock

I would think that you mean the launch pad icon which leads to applications. The launchpad is in applications and easily inserts at any point on the dock. possibly you or another user accidentally slid it into trash as i have done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And using late version operating systems there is a very slight, thin line to the left of the Trash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.