iBooks problem after iOS6 update

Reaction score
Hello all

I have just updated my iPad 2 to iOS6 and most things seem to be working fine, the main thing I haven't been able to figure out is in iBooks, for some reason whenever I swipe to go to the next page it skips to the next chapter, considering that each chapter is 30-40 pages long it makes reading the book a little bit challenging.
Has anyone else encountered this problem and what can I do to fix it?

Cheers

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I don't use iBooks much, Kindle APP and MegaReader get most of my usage, but I can't find anything in iBooks settings that would control that, and mine doesn't behave that way. FWIW I have an iPad2 running iOS 6 also.

Nxr

Reaction score
I've also tried replicating the issue without luck. Have you tried different books, or new added ones? Reinstalling the app wouldn't be too much of a loss if you save bookmarks with iCloud.

OP
K
Reaction score
tried downloading a new book and they're working fine so it may just be this book, how would I go about redownloading just one book?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
tried downloading a new book and they're working fine so it may just be this book, how would I go about redownloading just one book?

Touch the Edit button and delete the book from your collections. After that you can redownload.

Reaction score
iBooks Buggy After Updates

My main issue now after the update is that iBooks take a long time to open pages that are graphic intensive. I use iBooks for the manuals I create for my job and I view them in iBooks. Prior to IOS 6 and iBooks 3.0, it was very fast opening. Now with the update, it opens blank pages and if you wait, it will fill in the page with the graphics. This was not a problem before the updates.

I love Apple products, but there needs to be more testing before they release these updates. They are becoming more like Microsoft with bloated apps. Steve Jobs would be turning over in his grave knowing that the user is experiencing these kinds of issues. One of the basis' of his success was that the user has a good experience with any of the apps on the product. This is slowly going away and is what I got away from Microsoft and moved to Apple.

I'm in hope that these forums come to the attention of the Apple development staff in an effort to fix buggy software. We'll see...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.