Slideshow soundtrack

Reaction score
I'm making a slideshow with my (songs downloaded to iTunes) playlist as theme music.

I understand how to select theme, photos, & songs in creating a slideshow using iPhoto on my Macbook, but my question is how do I play each song's intro (30 seconds) only, before segueing into the next song?

I can present more music this way, & no one wants to hear each song in its entirety.

C

chas_m

I think the best way (there are several alternate options) to go about this would be to use an audio editor program to edit together the first 30 seconds of each song you want to use into one new audio file. You can use Garageband or QuickTime X for this or a dedicated audio-editing program like Fission (just one example of many).

Once you have this "combo" audio file created, add it to iTunes and then in iPhoto pick it as the soundtrack for your slideshow. Choose "Fit to Music" and there you go.

OP
C
Reaction score
I think the best way (there are several alternate options) to go about this would be to use an audio editor program to edit together the first 30 seconds of each song you want to use into one new audio file. You can use Garageband or QuickTime X for this or a dedicated audio-editing program like Fission (just one example of many).

Once you have this "combo" audio file created, add it to iTunes and then in iPhoto pick it as the soundtrack for your slideshow. Choose "Fit to Music" and there you go.

Thanks, Chas.
I'll give it a go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.