Boot camp

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've searched all over the interweb, but I could'nt find a case similar to mine.

I started boot camp to install windows 7, as it starte, the screen turned black, and it said:
"No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key"
So I did.
But it is as if it doesn't recognize the windows cd.

SO, the question is: how do I get back to my Mac OS homescreen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Boot the machine while holding down the alt/option key.
After a while a selection of bootable drives should show up. Pick your Mac OS drive.
Mac OS X Things · Startup Keys – Boot Options

Have you tried the CD on a different Machine - and Windows 7 should be a DVD - so if you tried burning an iso from MSDN or some such - it should have been burned to a DVD disk. You could also try making a bootable USB as well from the iso.
(An example from microsoft - but you'll need a windows pc to do it)
Microsoft Store Online

OP
A
Reaction score
Dude, you saved my ***!

The problem is, that it's an original windows dvd.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What kind of Windows original DVD? It's either got to be a Microsoft boxed full version or an OEM System Builder's full version. Other versions probably will not work.

OP
A
Reaction score
Chscag, it's: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - 64bit , but I'm hesitating on trying it again. Maybe I should try installing it on a windows computer first? I think I've got three licenses.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If it's an MS Windows 7 64 bit version of Home Premium, it should work and be able to install from Boot Camp. There may be a problem with your optical drive. You can try it on a Windows machine if you want, but don't install it. Just see if it can boot the Win box and enter the install screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Do not partition that way. Start BootCamp Assistant, print and read the guidelines, download drivers and burn to a CD and proceed from there allowing BootCamp to set up the petition. Select the Bootcamp partition and format NTFS and your Windowsa 7 disc should then auto install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.