recovering deleted files

F

fej

I accidently trashed a folder along with some other stuff, and then emptied my trash without releasing the folder was in the trash. Either that or the folder has disappeared from my harddrive.

The folder in question had close to 1000 files of various sizes and formats in it. I have done extensive searches on the drive, as well as run data recovery software from another mac using firewire. Of all of the files recovered using this software, not one resembles anything I lost.

I did not save anything to my harddrive once I realized said folder was missing, and I had saved to this folder 20 minutes earlier.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I find it hard to believe that not one file of 1000+ is recoverable after emptying the trash, and in fact, I was told the opposite, that using data recovery software I would probably recover all, or most of it.

please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you emptied the Trash, then the files are gone.
The only way to get them back is to look into a data recovery service and pay out the wazoo for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.