Blue Tooth

Reaction score
I was in the middle of sending an email when my wireless mouse and keyboard stopped functioning. I've checked the batteries (replaced), done the analysis, made sure they were connnected and discoverable, etc. No luck.

Any geniuses out there who can help me get back on track?

Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Is this the first time it's done it? I've had my mouse cut out on me momentarily, usually after coming out of sleep or something but it reconnects. My keyboard cuts out less. Bluetooth is pretty good about handling interference, but who knows. Do you have a wired mouse you can plug in to see what the iMac Bluetooth settings are set to?

OP
E
Reaction score
THis isn't the first time it has cut out but this time it won't come back. I checked the settings with a wired mouse and bluetooth indicated that both the mouse and keyboard were connected but still no response. Now it tells me they are not connected and can't find them. It just keeps searching. Huh!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If the batteries are OK, and Blue Tooth is up and working, try resetting the System Management Controller on your machine. You didn't mention which Mac you have but read this Apple KB article to learn how: LINK

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks chscag. Resetting the SMC worked!!
Much appreciated. I'm back in business.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.