• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Verizon Wireless question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Does anyone know how much a RAZR V3c would cost an existing customer? ON the site it says its 300 with activation of a 2 year account but nothing about if you already have an account.

-Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
I think you usually get $150 off your next phone purchase... when your plan is renewed. At least that is how it is on my plan..

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
macEfan said:
I think you usually get $150 off your next phone purchase... when your plan is renewed. At least that is how it is on my plan..
ugh that means I have to wait another year :mad:

Reaction score
i wish you could give them an extra $15 per month ans be able to change phones when ever you want

C

code777

i was lucky, i got the phone for $70 from Verizon (w/MIR). What happened was i lost my cell the other day and i was up for new every 2. But the store kept giving me wrong info so I sent a letter to Verizon Wireless executive office (long long story). I got a call back from a manager in customer service who noted my long standing acct (11yrs) and said they will honor $100 off a phone + $30 credit towards a new phone so making that $130 off.

Went to the store and of course they wouldn't do it until they called the manager directly. So the phone was $300. Minus $130 (new every2 & $30 credit). So i had to pay $170 out of pocket. I just mailed in the rebate for $100 so it ends up being $70 for the cell.

But seriously guys, cells don't cost much at all to make. I read some cells cost only $0.50 to make. The Treos cost like $50 to make. I guess they got us because we all need one (we don't but).

i'm happy with Verizon, they always pull through when something goes wrong! The Razr is really nice and my next post will be how to sync it with my iMac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
code777 said:
i was lucky, i got the phone for $70 from Verizon (w/MIR). What happened was i lost my cell the other day and i was up for new every 2. But the store kept giving me wrong info so I sent a letter to Verizon Wireless executive office (long long story). I got a call back from a manager in customer service who noted my long standing acct (11yrs) and said they will honor $100 off a phone + $30 credit towards a new phone so making that $130 off.

Went to the store and of course they wouldn't do it until they called the manager directly. So the phone was $300. Minus $130 (new every2 & $30 credit). So i had to pay $170 out of pocket. I just mailed in the rebate for $100 so it ends up being $70 for the cell.

But seriously guys, cells don't cost much at all to make. I read some cells cost only $0.50 to make. The Treos cost like $50 to make. I guess they got us because we all need one (we don't but).

i'm happy with Verizon, they always pull through when something goes wrong! The Razr is really nice and my next post will be how to sync it with my iMac!
Verizon disables the PC profile on almost all of their bluetooth phones (I think the blackberry 7290 is enabled)

"*The RAZR V3c supports the Wireless Headset & Handsfree Bluetooth Profiles. It does not support Bluetooth object transfer (OBEX) profiles. Accessories sold separately. See Bluetooth for details."

So you won't be able to sync through bluetooth without some sort of hacks

Reaction score
My brother got the RAZR for me immediately when it was released. It almost makes me mad that it is offered for $99 now, but I guess thats is how nearly all technology is. Wait a little while, and pay way less. My brother paid $550 for it.

I just love using the bluetooth all the time w/ my PB. I can have any portion of any song from my iTunes library as my ring tone, and send my family pictures taken with the phone. I have used bluetooth more than I ever thought I would when I first got the phone. Then again, I didn't have my PB when I got the phone... :)

Good day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
I wish I wasn't on Verizon. Not only did they lose their lead in reception, but everyone I know uses Cingulair or T-Mobile. Not to mention the lack of BluteTooth on everything but the Blackberry (and no, I'm not going to get one just for Bluetooth).

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It is interesting that you say Verzion has lose their lead in reception. I have Verizon and have never lose a signal. I have problem talking with my friends, that have t-mobile and sprint/nextel.

I have seen that Verizon now has the RAZR.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
rman said:
It is interesting that you say Verzion has lose their lead in reception. I have Verizon and have never lose a signal. I have problem talking with my friends, that have t-mobile and sprint/nextel.

I have seen that Verizon now has the RAZR.

Well, at one time I remember getting 5 bars everywhere on Earth. The backwoods of East Texas? Worked. Northeast Maine in the middle of nowhere? Worked. In my house? Worked. At school? Worked.

I'm lucky to get A bar at home. It'd be a perfect dream for me to get anything except for in a few places (and I live just outside of Houston, so it's not like I'm in the middle of nowhere here...).

As for all of my friends switching, it's not that big of a deal. But when I notice that they get reception 10 times better than I get, it's ridiculous. Not to mention that on Sprint you can get free minutes starting at 7 p.m., on Cingulair you get Roll-Over, and other carriers end up with the cool phones way before Verizon can get them (RAZR anyone?).

I know it seems like I'm reading way to much into it, but when you shell out $30+ a month for phone service, the option of having the latest cool phone and the abilty to keep my minutes is nice to have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.