Freezing.

Reaction score
Ok, I have this total freeze issue on Mac Pro 3,1 24gb ram, Geforce GTX 285.
It only seems to happen when on the net but the screen does a little dance and then everything is frozen except for the mouse.
I have zapped the pram, pwer button in while power cable out, start in safety mode.
It seems to be happening more frequently now.
I took a video of it, see what you think.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37159063/Freeze.MOV

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Have you made any hardware changes recently, or installed new software…that could be causing the freezing?

FYI…the link is not working.:(

- Nick

OP
N
Reaction score
Your too quick mate! nah, I should have waited a few more minutes for it to upload to dropbox.
I have only put Mountain Goat on but it was doing it before that just not as often. Yesterday I had to reboot about 6 times.
Vid should be good now.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your too quick mate! nah, I should have waited a few more minutes for it to upload to dropbox.
I have only put Mountain Goat on but it was doing it before that just not as often. Yesterday I had to reboot about 6 times.
Vid should be good now.

Yeah…sometimes I'm too fast!;)

Yikes…that video is huge..it took a long time to download. You could probably cut down on the resolution & quality. If by freezing you mean that the cursor freezing & the video flickering…yes…I saw that.

If it only happens when you're on the internet…it may be some sort of conflict between the installed software on your Mac Pro & the internet browser you're using. If you're using Safari…you could try using Chrome, Firefox, etc….and see if that's any better/more stable.

- Nick

OP
N
Reaction score
Yes it is big, I wanted you to get that "Cinematic" experience (not) :)
I just uploaded it straight off my iPhone.
Anyway, thats a good idea about trying a different browser, I hadn't thought of that! (Brain fart!)
Thanks, and btw, you have a great name as well!
Cheers
Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyway, thats a good idea about trying a different browser, I hadn't thought of that!

Please post back after you try a different browser…to let us know if it helped.:)

OP
N
Reaction score
Please post back after you try a different browser…to let us know if it helped.:)

Well, after a few hours of using Chrome I haven't had any issues at all and Im extremely happy about that!

So thank you for the help, its much appreciated:D

Cheers
Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, after a few hours of using Chrome I haven't had any issues at all and Im extremely happy about that!

Hey that's great news…glad to hear things are stable!:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.