Macbook screen inverted???

Reaction score
Im working on a 2008 macbook (white core 2 duo) the screen is distorted as seen in the pictures attached, it is not the cmd+opt+cntl+8, and is not the universal access inversion. that works and just makes the colors even more messed up. its gotta be hardware either
LCD, LCD inverter, LCD cable (video cable) or the inverter Cable. any ideas????

1111.jpg

22222.jpg

Reaction score
did you have it connected to an external screen? If so once connected it should allow you to change the orientation from portrait to landscape.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
He means the colors are inverted or reversed not the screen orientation.

I would guess that the problem is the video cable (LVDS cable) not the inverter cable. If the inverter cable were bad, the screen would not light up. There is a chance that it could be the LCD itself. Try attaching an external monitor to see if the same problem occurs.

Reaction score
sorry my mistake, isn't there a way to reset system preferences to default? Or maybe they have the something set in the system pref. under display & color.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes there is, but his problem appears to be hardware related. We'll have to wait until he answers whether or not attaching an external monitor shows the same symptom.

OP
A
Reaction score
I do not own the adapter for the monitor out.. so I guess ill just order a used top half of the unit.. its cheaper than buying a new lcd.... and then it replaces the lcd inverter... inverter cable, and lcd cable... problem solved i hope....

OP
A
Reaction score
BTW very helpful thank god someone else knows what they are talking about 2 thumbs up!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.