IO6 upgrade, now music will not sync to iPhone 4S????

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my iPhone 4S to IO6. Since then my music will no longer sync. I have over 5,200 songs and all were on the iPhone before I upgraded. However, once I upgraded to IO6 the music disappeared off the iPhone (it's still in iTunes). Before anyone asks:

- The music is still in the same folder on my hard drive (same as before upgrading to IO6).

- Yes, the box in iTunes is checked which says sync the entire music library.

The ONLY thing that has changed is that my iPhone now has IO6 on it. I haven't changed any settings in iTunes or on the iPhone itself.

Is anyone else having this problem? And if so how did you fix it?

Reaction score
The problem is caused by the latest update to iPhoto.
If you set (in iTunes), your phone to not sync any photos, you'll probably find you're able to sync with no issues.

Unfortunately, this is actually a very old issue (circa 2008 or so) that cropped up with an update to a (much) older version of iPhoto that Apple corrected with an update to that update.
Until that update it's most likely that you either have music or photo's on your iPhone, not both.

SM

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, much appreciated. However, in my case this is not the problem. I do not sync photos or anything else (not even email, bookmarks, etc). I only sync music.... Any other ideas?

Reaction score
If you have an antivirus running, disable it and try to sync then.

If that doesn't help try this:

With the device connected, de-select the options for sync apps and all media.
Sync the device.
Does it successfully sync without errors now?

If it does, turn on App syncing and select one specific app, then sync.
If it syncs successfully, test with a few more apps before reselecting all the apps.

Once App syncing is resolved, move on to media and select one song or album.
Test again similar to with Apps.

At some point in the testing the rogue app/media will reveal itself.

SM

OP
N
Reaction score
So, I think I figured it out. I disabled Wi-Fi syncing in iTunes, then hooked up the iPhone to my iMac. Once it started syncing, I removed the check mark from the box that says "sync all music" in iTunes and then did a sync, which means that all of my music files were gone. Then, I disconnected and reconnected to the iMac. Once reconnected, I checked the box to sync all music files, hit apply, then clicked on the sync button and iTunes immediately started moving all of my songs to the iPhone. It's over 2,000 songs into the sync now (out of over 5,000) so hopefully this will work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.