Macbook Crashing

Reaction score
I've been recently running into two major pain problems with my macbook!! I have an early
macbook white 2008 model; running Mountain Lion. Yes I know about time for an upgrade but still runs great(well it did).

1. Each time i start up my Safari or iTunes, or anything else it opens and then shortly there after closes (crashes) saying application unexpectedly closed; send report to apple.
Some times its stays open a bit longer and other times it closes right after start up!!
When I try to update the software it tells me unable to install.....

2. I have been getting a weird message(in many different lanaguages) in a black box telling me to manually restart my macbook. At first it was random, now its freezing and giving me that same message on a regular basics.

Can anymore give me more info on these issues I'm having??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you sure you have an early 2008 white MacBook? That model can not run Mountain Lion. Lion is as far as you can go. If you did manage somehow to install ML on that machine, it could be the reason you're getting kernel panics.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.