Track pad going crazy

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro and one day the track pad had a mind of its own I couldn't control the cursor. It would double click and move the cursor on it own. Took it to the am store they removed the back cover and said that it looked like someone spilled coke on the CPU and they don't replace one part at a time so they said I needed a new logic board top case and battery? Everything works fine. It holds a charge. It just ha a mind of its own. Can I clean it and what should I replace first

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Did you actually spill something on it?

OP
M
Reaction score
i have little ones running around so its possible. the only thing wrong is the mouse has a mind of its own it will click on its own and move and jump

OP
M
Reaction score
The mac store took the back cover off and saw the what they called a sticky liquid. and recommended that i replace the logic board top cover and battery. It sounds like they just want to replace anything that had the liquid on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The suggested replacements would be the only way to be sure it does not die completely. Electronics and liquids do not mix.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.