Uninstall GAme Center in 10.8.2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA i7 8ram SSD256
Is it advised to uninstall this system app with no problems; with a 3rd party app like CleanMyMac, which also clean prefs ? I´m not into gaming.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Is it advised to uninstall this system app with no problems; with a 3rd party app like CleanMyMac, which also clean prefs ? I´m not into gaming.

I don't recommend using CleanMyMac for anything. It's FUDware and doesn't do at least some of what it claims to do. I've seen a couple instances where it actually ruined some installations of OS X.

As for Game Center... I don't know that it can be removed safely, nor can I find any information about doing it via a web search. I can only recommend leaving it alone for the time being.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA i7 8ram SSD256
Thanks for the FUDware info, already uninstalled it after doing a quick research on the subject. I´ve only got 2 years of mac. Installed Apptrapper instead for uninstalls.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
It's usually a bad idea to delete applications that came bundled with the OS since it is integrated and getting again isn't trivial. If you don't play games, just ignore the Game Center and that should be fine. Unless used, it shouldn't be taking any resources and not much space I imagine..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Thanks for the FUDware info, already uninstalled it after doing a quick research on the subject. I´ve only got 2 years of mac. Installed Apptrapper instead for uninstalls.

I recommend using AppCleaner instead of AppTrap. It will work exactly like AppTrap does if you enable that option in its preferences, but I've also found it to be faster and a bit more thorough that AppTrap is. It's also free.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA i7 8ram SSD256
Thanks guys for the replies. I also guess common sense tells me to leave system apps alone, despite never using them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.