3 Partitions Needed please OSX-Bootcamp-Shared Drive HeLp !

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to Mac, OSX & MBP World,i bought My MBP 3 days Back, Non Retina with 1TB-HDD, 16Gb Ram 2.66-Quad & i Love it so much than my PC/laptop, But I frustrated this Partition thing, i red many blogs no clear Solution as per my Requirement so i thought this was best place to Ask.

Please Throw some Light, As you were all Advanced Apple MAC Users, Straight to REQUIREMENT i need 3 Partitions form 1TB HDD

1) OSX Mountain Lion == 350GB
2) Boot-camp Win7 or 2008 == 250GB
3) Shared Drive/partition == (Remaining
) My idea is-- if it was NTFS i can use NTFS application in OSX to Rean and Write. as well in windows

Tried Scenarios:

1)Fresh New osx, make Boot camp Partition-- didn't install win, but went to Disk Util, to Shrink OSX partition to 500GB FAT, restarted ... i can install Boot-camp but that Partition remains Unknown !

2) Fresh OSX with 1Tb -> Made Boot-camp Partition of 600GB, went to installation in Drive selection i can Delete that Boot-camp partition but Cant Split in to TWO

3)Made Boot-camp Partition of 600GB, install Win 7 completely, after i went to disc manager, Shrink C drive to 300GB after i made it to Format NTFS and it asked Dynamic disc i made i restarted i ******** up .... Blue screen Error, Not Booted Win or OSX

I have read similar kind of post with Win XP...and some Tri boot Experiment ...

Page not found | David Seah / IT

http://rdonovan.com/2011/01/09/how-t...o/#comment-219

Finally i don't want to use Parallels or VM etc, i need this kind of setup. please please Help.. Mac users i stuck with this since the day i bought .....:Lips-Are-Sealed::Lips-Are-Sealed:

If i Carry Portable HDD...if i carry like that, there is no meaning of Portability and buying 1TB HDD in MBP..

There should be some way, some where some person tried like me.. as Some one like Shared Data in Two OS, is it not meaningful ! ?

i use Big Data Files for Editing and Lot of PSD files to use in ( OSX - Final cut pro & Win 7 Avid Liquid ),

i have to Utilize my Full Hardware, i am planing to but SSD as Well, so Rig will be good enough

2.66 GHZ Quad core
Anti-Glare Hi Res-Screen
1TB Hdd + 500GB SSD (Samsung 830)
16Gb RAM
1GB Geforce 650M

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Let me make this easy for you:

You can only use Boot Camp if the drive is not partitioned. And Boot Camp (dual boot to Windows) will not work if you create a third partition after Boot Camp creates the Windows partition. In order to do what you wish, you will have to resort to doing everything manually and then resort to using a boot manager. Not recommended for a new user!

Also, please remember that this is a Mac not a Windows box where we create partitions for this and that. Totally unnecessary. Think about it for a moment.... why do you need a third partition to share data between OS X and Windows? You can share data between both by using drivers.

Paragon NTFS

MacDrive

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.