I would like to create a new account

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP macOS Big Sur....iPad Air 2 64gB....iPhone 8+
for iTunes (Apple ID) as the current one I have uses an email I no longer use. Is there a way to create a new account and have the information from the old account transfer over?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
New account where? On this Forum?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
as the current one I have uses an email I no longer use. Is there a way to create a new account and have the information from the old account transfer over?

If you are talking about your user account here at MacForums all you have to do is click on the "User CP" tab in the Menu Bar and then change your eMail address.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry for the confusion. I mean for my iTunes.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Same in iTunes - just change the email address they have listed for you - no need for new account - you only create headaches for yourself by creating multiple Apple IDs.

Everything you have purchased, music, video, apps are tied to the Apple ID at time of purchase.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's what I want to do and create a new and only one Apple ID. I won't lose any information once this happens?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks got it.

M

MacInWin

That's what I want to do and create a new and only one Apple ID. I won't lose any information once this happens?
Everything you bought with the old Apple ID will stay with that ID. Apple doesn't allow transfer or merging of Apple ID accounts. So, Yes, you will lose information if you create a new ID.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Everything you bought with the old Apple ID will stay with that ID. Apple doesn't allow transfer or merging of Apple ID accounts. So, Yes, you will lose information if you create a new ID.

But you won't lose any of your purchases if you simply log in to your old ID, go into the settings and just change the email to whatever one you want to use now. Nothing changes except the ID itself and just be sure to use that new email ID when making purchases, etc. You might also have to log out and back in on your iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.