Mountain Lion USB problem

Reaction score
I have a simple MP3 player which used to be teceted reliably as a removable drive on snow leopard and lion. When I try to connect on a machine with mountain Lion it simply isn't detected.

Any one else seen this problem?

Best regards

Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,
"teceted" what does that mean? I searched spotlight and dictionary.com but it isn't a recognized word.. :)

I'm not sure what would cause ML to not recognize your mp3 player. I know I had to change a setting in my old sansa fuze to work with linux, perhaps it's a similar issue since OS X is based on BSD/Unix? I haven't attempted connecting my mp3 player with my mac (I just joined the apple universe over a month ago with my first mac) So i'm not sure what would be required.

Anyone else know what could cause it?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
xdunlapx I think they were trying to spell Detected! :D It threw me off at first also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,
xdunlapx I think they were trying to spell Detected! :D It threw me off at first also.

Aha! That makes sense! Woohoo we figured it out! lol Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.