iPhone 4 home button replacement, parts un-identified while reassembling.

Reaction score
Hi, I have been doing a repair to the home button, on my UK iPhone 4. I have followed the repair video and all was well, until I started the re-assemble. I have 2 small parts that I can't see where they should go, I didn't remove them, they must of fallen out/away from somewhere in the phone. I don't want to continue, until I know exactly where the have come from and refit them.

One of them is a very small metal part, that is about 4mm long, 2mm wide, has a half crescent shape and has an edge that tucks under as though it claps to something!

The other is a rubber strip, which is about 8mm long, 2mm wide and has a grove running down the middle.

Thanks for looking and hopefully the photos will help.
Cheers

189ce2f28216ab39dcfb49e102ebec39.jpg

e5ead3ca02739cd4bd680f9b99fd9152.jpg

daf3af9788a76ce2c4a27531d4ccaab1.jpg

Reaction score
Doesn't look like any part I have ever seen coming from, or going into an iPhone 4.
No pun intended, but you are positive they came out of the iPhone??

SM

OP
G
Reaction score
Fixed.

SM,
Have had confirmation that the small metal part is off the wifi antenna and the thin rubber strip is off the logic board, up near the camera area. Protects the flex as they bend round the end of logic board.

Sorted now and iPhone back up and running.
Cheers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.