Bootcamp wont show up in menu?

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I restarted my computer and tried to go into bootcamp by pressing the option key but there was no bootcamp partition to select =O so I went into disk utility and there was no bootcamp partition =O

zo9i7s.png

And now all the space taken up by my bootcamp partition is completely missing =O

can someone help me with this?

I'm on Mac version 1.8.2 btw =D

Reaction score
If the partition doesn't show up in Disk Utility, it's probably gone, have you opened up Bootcamp itself, and what does it say when you do?
Does it say "Install Windows" or "Remove Windows"?

SM

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Boot to your Recovery Partition by doing this:

Restart your machine and press and hold command + r keys as soon as you hear the Bong! sound. That will boot your Mac to the recovery partition. Once in recovery, choose Disk Utility. From Disk Utility, highlight your hard drive on the left and choose partition on the right side.

Remove the Boot Camp partition or the empty partition by selecting it and then press the minus button at the bottom. Press apply. Once the partition has been removed, you should be able to drag your OS X partition to fill the empty space. Press apply and then leave recovery. If that doesn't work, we'll try something else. Let us know.

OP
S
Reaction score
nope =(

I've tried that, but its as if the bootcamp partition doesnt even exist. But the space inside my mac is still only 150 gigs, not 250 gigs =( :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, we're going to have to take another approach. First, make a backup of all your data using Time Machine. You can also use Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper but you'll need to buy a license first. Time Machine will work.

Boot to the Recovery partition as before. Use Disk Utility again. However, this time erase the entire drive. (The Recovery partition won't be affected.) After it's erased, use the partition tab to make sure the drive is one partition if it's not already showing that way. Name the drive "MacIntosh HD". Format it as Mac OS Journaled. (GUID should automatically be selected as the scheme.)

Now, download and reinstall Mountain Lion. Restore your data with Time Machine. Let us know.

Reaction score
Has it been confirmed that restoring the MacOSX partition through Bootcamp itself didn't work??

What does bootcamp say when you open it?
Install, or remove windows?

SM

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi guys,
i'd rather not resore my computer because it has a lot of data on it =(
I really dont have an external hard drive to save my data on, if i did I wouldve restored it from the get go =(

I cant get into bootcamp at all, all that works is the MacOS partition

This is what it says when I go into bootcamp assistant

2w7oe4p.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you don't want to make a backup, there's not much more then that we can help you with.

Reaction score
I'm with chscag on this one... nothing left to do but back up your data, and repartition.

You could burn the absolute most important stuff to some DVD's, or if there's another mac in the house
try to use that as a back up container.

SM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.