Mission Control in Mountain Lion

Reaction score
I am unable to jump back and forth between text as I could in Snow Leopard (my prior OS). For example after I complete a sentence and I want to skip to the beg of this sentence and so I hit the command + Left key and stupid Mission Control pops up. What can be done to get rid of this and return things to the state they were in SL regarding editing text?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Go to System Preferences > Mission Control. Make sure that MC doesn't have one of the two Command buttons set as a hotkey.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
vansmith was talking about hotkeys not hot corners. So as he said make sure there are no hotkeys set for mission control in System Preferences -> Mission Control. Also go to System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Keyboard shortcuts and make sure there are no hotkeys set for Mission control there either. If both areas don't have hotkeys set and you are still having problems - you may have a 3rd party software installed like better touch tool which also has keyboard settings.

OP
E
Reaction score
vansmith was talking about hotkeys not hot corners. So as he said make sure there are no hotkeys set for mission control in System Preferences -> Mission Control. Also go to System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Keyboard shortcuts and make sure there are no hotkeys set for Mission control there either. If both areas don't have hotkeys set and you are still having problems - you may have a 3rd party software installed like better touch tool which also has keyboard settings.

You are my hero as the keyboards control panel has this annoying feature on and I disabled it. I had called Apple tech support and they said there was no way to disable this feature, and I got angry as in Snow Leopard Apple did not FORCE me to use the dashboard, or Mission Control. THANK YOU!!

Oh and more annoying features I need to figure out how to disable. I went into the keyboard panel and set the options so that Keyboard repeat rate is on and short however nothing works when I hold down a key. I can hold down the D key, the H key or any key and they DO NOT repeat for some reason like they did in Snow Leopard.

OP
E
Reaction score
The Keyboard repeat was turned off on most keys starting with Lion. Let me find the URL that shows you the terminal command to re-enable it. Be back.

Here you go. this will do it.

Re-enabling Key Repeat in OSX Lion - Belchak.com

Thank you sir, but once this is done will I be able to use the keyboards system preference to shorten and lengthen the key repeat rate? Thanks..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Mine does. All that command does is set it back to like it was in Snow Leopard.

Just tried it, works just like in Snow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.