start up issue

Reaction score
dont know what happen a few days ago but now when i boot up i have to login to my home page, there and ebay, never before did i have to do this, i stayed logged in. i dont have to type my login information but have to go to the login page, which then it fills in automatically, but have to do this every time i boot up, i click the box that says keep me logged in but it doesnt seem to help.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Which browser are you using? Ensure you have cookies enabled which allows you to stay logged in..

OP
H
Reaction score
cookies are enabled, im on firefox, used it for years. strange, every time, says login and when i click the login, or sign in, it takes me to the page then logins automatically. at least i dont have to type in my user name or password every time but i do need to click on the sign or login every time. just started doing this couple days ago.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Does it remember you login to any site or has it forgotten them for all of them? Determining a pattern would be helpful in figuring out what's going on. Of course, one way to see if things persist is to wipe away your cache/settings/saved passwords and start all over again to see if it works.

You might also give Safari or Chrome a shot just to see if things stick there or get forgotten as well..

OP
H
Reaction score
every site remembers it, including this one. its just that i have to click on the login to go to the login page and then its logs me in.

OP
H
Reaction score
something i just noticed is that now my mail quits just by closing the window on it. i was having to quit mail upon shutting down or it would pop up when i booted up. so i guess ive turned something on that says to quit everything when i shut down. the fact that i had to quit mail every time when i was done with it or it would open on bootup is a good thing, i had read a lot of post on how to do this. i always was able to just close the mail window and that was good enough but after getting lion the mail window would pop up on bootup unless i actually quit mail, closing the window wouldnt quit mail. anyway i guess something good has come out of this problem. and yes ive simply closed the mail window a few timmes now and restarted without the mail window opening up on my desktop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.