Blocking unwanted calls on iPhone

Reaction score
Dears,

I need help in blocking unwanted calls on my iPhone, non-jailbreak solutions.

If you can recommend a good app that would be helpful, i only found "blacklist Mark" which has very negative reviews.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Without jailbreaking there isn't a way to block a single or specific incoming number.

The best thing you can do is record 30 seconds of silence in garage band, then deactivate vibration for that number, and use that as a ringtone for that specific number.
Then at least the phone won't alert you.

SM

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
SM's dead noise technique is ingenious, but does require you to set it up for every unwanted call that you get. The other couple of options are to have your carrier block the numbers at their end. Some do it for free, some charge for it and so on. Call them and find out. The second, more drastic option, is to get a new number and be careful where/how you use it..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
Dears,

I need help in blocking unwanted calls on my iPhone, non-jailbreak solutions.

If you can recommend a good app that would be helpful, i only found "blacklist Mark" which has very negative reviews.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

You can contact your provider and add a blocking feature then add that number. Verizon offers this feature for 5 bucks a month and lets you add 20 numbers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 15" MBP, OSx 10.8.4, Ipad 64g (2012), Iphone 4S, Ipod Nano
I used to use a silent ring tone, what I did was set that ringtone as my default ring tone and assign ring tones to those that I wanted to recieve calls from. that way you dont have to assign it to those unwanted numbers you recieve later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacBook Pro
If you have AT&T, you can get a parental feature called Smart Limits and it allows you to block up to 30 numbers. Unfortunately it costs $4.99 a month. There's also a commercial service called TrapCall that allows you to unmask blocked numbers and blacklist them. It also costs about $5 a month. What I've done is create a contact called blacklist and I set it to use my silent ringtone with no vibration. Whenever I get a junk call, I add the unwanted number to my blacklist contact.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
What I've done is create a contact called blacklist and I set it to use my silent ringtone with no vibration. Whenever I get a junk call, I add the unwanted number to my blacklist contact.

Very clever. I'm stealing that idea for sure! ;D

Reaction score
What I don't get is that so many people receive so many unwanted calls.
How is it that these unwanted callers get the number?

What is a 'junk' call?

SM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.