Appleworks

Reaction score
Im getting a 12-inch powerbook for school, graphics and video editing. The only issue is that my brothers 14-inch ibook comes with Appleworks but the powerbook doesnt(from what i can read on the apple site). i need it for school and if this is true does that mean i have to buy it seperatly. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
yes you will have to buy it separately, or buy iWork as it will come with a 30 day trial of it

L

lil

Hang on a few days as iWork may get an update next week.

However iWork is definitely showing promise and already has an excellent WP/Page Layout app in the form of Pages and a PowerPoint beater in the form of Keynote. Hopefully at next week's Mac Expo we will see a spreadsheet application bundled with iWork 2006.

It is MS Office compatible and can load/save MS Word/PowerPoint files with ease.

AppleWorks isn't bad, but it is now discontinued and for the money you are better off spending it on iWork. I too have a 12" PowerBook and iWork performs superbly on it, plus it integrates very well with the iLife apps.

Vicky

OP
M
Reaction score
yeh thanks
iWork is also cheaper then Appleworks.
Hay lil what is the 12-inch powerbook like. what do you like about it and have you had any problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
the 12" powerbook is awesome :) had mine for a good 9 months now and no problems what so ever. the only problems that ive had with using it is myself at times

L

lil

To concur with Inflexion there, the PowerBook 12" is fantasic, can't imagine being without it now!

I tell you, when this thing is hooked up to a big screen, keyboard and mouse, it does not feel like I am using a small ultraportable laptop, it feels like I am using a super dependable desktop Mac.

A great system and one that I would not ever see the back of, this PowerBook is going to be with me for some years yet!

You can read my review at:

http://www.lilserenity.com/code/display_content.php?id=22&datepivot=-1&count=5&nepr=1&wob

It points out the good, bad and so forth, I tried to keep the review balanced!

Vicky

Reaction score
As student, you can purchase Appleworks at the academic price. Makes it much cheaper.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.