• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple attempt to trademark Music app icon trumped by older MySpace property

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Both are orange and have a music note on them. If stuff is this easy to trademark, I'm in the wrong business. Time to become a patent troll.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
It seems like their argument in making the decision is that we (Apple users) are dumb and easily confused. Must be a bunch of PC trolls on the panel. ;)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Both are orange and have a music note on them. If stuff is this easy to trademark, I'm in the wrong business. Time to become a patent troll.

Since you're going into the business, one question: If they are patent leather shoes, do I need a licensing agreement to wear them? O:)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You have to think smaller. I wouldn't patent the shoes but rather, I'd patent the "rubber like material that creates a bind between a piece of rubber and another cloth or leather like material." It's got to be something broad yet trivial. In this case, I could get you for the shoes without question since the soles of your shoes would be bound to the shoe itself.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Perhaps you could patent the hole?
I doubt if that has been done, and without holes you would have no place for the laces. You would be forced to wear slip-ons, or (God forbid!) Crocs . . .though, come to think of it, without the obnoxious holes they wouldn't be Crocs. ;)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't forget velcro - the staple of any primary grade classroom.

You're thinking broad but oddly and potentially applied to specific circumstances. The patent troll is strong in you. ;)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't forget velcro - the staple of any primary grade classroom.

You're thinking broad but oddly and potentially applied to specific circumstances. The patent troll is strong in you. ;)

In other words, "The Farce is with me . . . " ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.