Question About Different Screen Resolutions

Reaction score
Hi. I'm shopping around for a new macbook/netbook and until I get chance to visit some stores, I've a screen resolution question for those with MB Airs:

I quite like the 13" Air over the 13" Pro, however I notice it has a 1440x900 screen. At the moment I'm using a 1280x800 display on a 2008/9 13" macbook (which seems "dull"), and I have to wear glasses to avoid screen headaches - does having a higher screen resolution make things sharper and more crisper, or smaller and harder to see etc?? I'm not able to find much info about change of screen technology in macbooks over the last 3 years.

The Pro with Retina is nice, but too pricey; from comparison photos on Google I can't seem to see anything noticeably different or stand-out with the Airs vs. current/slightly older macbooks.

Any insight into screen res on the Airs would be much appreciated! Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The newer higher resolution will make all objects look smaller on the screen. While the newer screens and resolutions are definitely sharper and brighter, if you have problems with headaches, I would be apprehensive about buying either the Air or the 13" MBP.

It took me awhile to get used to the higher resolution on my 2011 iMac 21.5" screen which has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080. You're going to be looking at a much smaller screen. You need to test both machines out before deciding which to buy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.