macbook pro typing weird symbols

Reaction score
guys
i need ur help

i spelt some water on keyboard but wiped out like 3 weeks ago several keys are not working

but i took wireless keyboard and all fine till i go to repair center to repair keyboard

but today ffff problem

it starts to type weird symbols just in the middle of surfing i tried to reboot but the same

help me guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
What MacBook Pro do you have?

If an earlier type with silver keys you can disconnect the keyboard, it's likely keys are sticking on due to the liquid damage. With the newer unibody MacBook Pro, with black keys, if you disconnect the keyboard internally to stop the random characters appearing, you also disconnect the power button. You may have to have it repaired sooner than you planned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
If liquid has been spilt on the keyboard, it can cause it to generate random characters. Most unlikely to be a logic board problem. If a lot of water was spilt on the keyboard, it could have entered the case via the gaps around the trackpad. This would be spotted when you have it repaired. With your MacBook Pro, the only way to disconnect the keyboard also disconnects the power switch, so not a practical solution for you.

but do u think it can be problem with motherboard or no ?

OP
G
Reaction score
but whats the best option to fix it ? i mean the total ? buy new laptop or possible to fix?

OP
G
Reaction score
steve also advice me cuz am new here

am ready to go any place and buy for cash macbook air if price is reasonable is it possible to make here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
A technician can inspect your MBP and confirm if just the keyboard is faulty. The keyboard is part of the 'bottom case with keyboard', that would be replaced. It isn't an expensive part in relation to the value of the MBP. To verify this, he would disconnect the keyboard from the logic board, then plug in a wired mouse and keyboard. The MBP would then be started up by shorting out 2 solder pads on the logic board. If all is well with the wired mouse and keyboard connected, this will confirm you need a new top case with keyboard. Although it's a complete strip down to replace, it doesn't take too long.

Reaction score
I have the same problem and it isn't to do with the keyboard

I disabled my keybq1oard and now use an external one. The problem doesn't seem to be so bad now. I use a Macbook Pro 2011. The problem DOES still persist however.
So the problem isn't to do with the keyboard. Maybe overheating. I'll start turning my laptop off more often and give you folks the results.
Peace.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.