missing user: library folder

Reaction score
I recently updated to 10.8.1, which in the process, i got rid of a user account and kept my admin account. I was able to use finder to locate old emails in the pathway

ScreenShot2012-09-25at10157PM.png

Users/me/library/mail/v2

ScreenShot2012-09-25at10755PM.png

Of course, when I searched manually for this folder, going to users/me/library...

Nothing was there. The regular library is there near system, but no user's library was found. How are my emails saved in this purgatory where I can't seem to locate them.

Any help at all please. Thank you for your time :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Apple have hidden it. If you go to the Go menu at the top and alt click it you can reveal a link to the user library folder

OP
M
Reaction score
Apple have hidden it. If you go to the Go menu at the top and alt click it you can reveal a link to the user library folder

still having trouble :/ more specifically, i see a small change in the folder when i press alt( eyeball image becomes play button) but not sure whats supposed to happen or how to utilize alt.

OP
M
Reaction score
To preface this, Here is the old user account that I deleted, and when I look at it, I have no permissions to it.

ScreenShot2012-09-25at15837PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your user library folder is still there. You just need to unhide it by using the terminal. Open your terminal application (Applications, Utilities, terminal.app) and type the following:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

Then press enter. After pressing enter, type in "exit" press enter and shut the terminal application down. Your library folder will now be visible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.