Wont charge or update from my computer

Reaction score
I am trying to charge/sync my iphone3 to my computer and all of a sudden it will not do either. It will charge from the wall. I tried a different cord. I have tried all 3 USB ports on my computer. My camera works on the same USB ports. When I bring itunes up it does not show my phone on the left side. Getting frustrated. I am not very tech smart so I would greatly appreciate any and all help but please use basic terms..lol. Oh and I have a new iphone 5 but can not get the little door thingy opened to install my new nanoSIM card...ugh!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can't help you with the charging problem you're having with the iPhone 3 but since it does charge from AC it's still useable. As for your iPhone 5 nano sim door being stuck, take your phone to Apple and let them install the sim for you.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thank you chscag, I'm 5hrs from an Apple store but I fear that is my only option. As for the iphone3...yes it still works so I guess my kids will be happy to have a new toy. :( Thanks for getting back to me, wished you had better news..lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.