10.8.2 didn't fix any battery problems for me

Reaction score
Hi mac-forums.
Here I am again, I made a thread about my battery few weeks ago but people told me I should wait for 10.8.2 to fix things.
I'm having a barely 2 month old MBP 13" (the expensive model with 8G Ram), but didn't use him alot yet since school only started today.
One of the big reasons I bought this laptop was it's great battery.
So, 10.8.2 didn't fix any battery problems for me.
I just calibrated my battery, been using the laptop now for like 15-20 minutes and it's already at 94%.
The hours remaining is ranging from 4 tot MAX. 5h
I'm using the lowest brightness possible and only safari, and I read about people getting like 8-9 hours.
Any help would be awesome

OP
R
Reaction score
sorry for double posting, but would I be able to downgrade to 10.7.x without losing my 10.8 license key?
I didn't buy the upgrade from ML because I was able to get the update for free, since my MBP was bought after a date close to the update.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It may be possible to downgrade to Lion if you made a Lion bootable DVD or Flash drive. And if you did, you would have to erase the hard drive and install it clean. If I were you, I would take the computer in to Apple and have them check it out before doing anything. Other users have reported that 10.8.2 has restored their battery to normal life.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
80% 4h, is that normal for you?
With brightness to lowest, and only safari? :/

You've been concerned about this "battery stuff" for a while now. If OS 10.8.2 didn't help…then maybe it's time to visit the Apple store…and let them check it out. Just in case something is actually wrong.

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
I went to the local apple store yesterday, and the guy checked my battery at the technical room.
He came to me with a screen saying my battery still has 97% of its original state.
So, that didn't actually solve anything.
It's just weird that I see people getting 8-9 hours and I barely get MAX 5 hours, with every setting for like brightness set to the minimum

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.