Epson R3000 problem following 10.8.2 and iPhoto 9.4 update

Reaction score
Hi

I'm a new Mac user, having purchased a current generation iMac in the past 4 weeks, with Lion installed which I then upgraded to the original Mountain Lion release using the free Apple upgrade offer.

I then purchased an Epson R3000 and successfully installed it and have been happily using it (wirelessly) to print some lovely images.

I haven't used the printer for the last 4 or 5 days, and yesterday I installed OSX 10.8.2 and the iPhoto 9.4 updates.

There are no problems viewing/editing my photos in the new release, but now, when I try and print a photo using either iPhoto or the Easy Print Epson utility, the job appears to be sent to the printer, but shortly thereafter returns an error message along the lines of "Stopped - Filtering Failed".

I don't even know what the error message means, let alone how I might solve it, so I have no idea whether either of the software updates might be a problem, or whether that's probably just a timing coincidence.

The Mac still recognises the printer and the printer itself is indicating that the wifi signal strength is excellent. I've tried several different photos. I've rebooted the Mac and turned the printer off and on. I've double checked that I'm using the correct media and feed settings for the paper and I've double checked that the printer driver is up-to-date and have googled to see if I could find out what the problem/solution might be.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance,
Richard

OP
R
Reaction score
Solved by resetting print system under system preferences, print & scan - deleted printer, then re-added printer and all now working fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.