Trouble Opening a Secured USB Key

Reaction score
I recently bought an iMAC desktop computer after years of using a windows based computer. I have 2 Verbatim USB keys containing photos which were loaded on my old computer. One key, which is not passcode protected opens immediately when inserted into a port on the back of the computer but the other which is passcode protected does not. Instead, a V-Safe 100.exe icon appears in the public zone window. When I open this I get a script page which says this program cannot be run in DOS mode followed by many lines of indecipherable script. Any help overcoming this problem would be greatly appreciated.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can't run Windows executables on a Mac unless you happen to be running Windows in something like a VM or through Boot Camp.

The simple solution here would be to find a Windows machine and copy the files over. Do you have access to a Windows machine?

OP
J
Reaction score
Many Thanks

Yes, I still have my old windows based computer out in the garage. I'll dust it off today and do as you suggest. Thank you very much for your help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.