Using Bluetooth & Mobile Phone to connect to the internet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hi,

Heres the deal,

Im a pay monthly customer currently on Orange (UK).

I have a 12" iBook G4 with bluetooth and a Samsung D500 Mobile Phone.

I have been trying to get the phone to act as a modem but everytime i try and set it up using bluetooth it asks me for the following:

Username, Password and a GPRS CID String?

Where do i find this information to enter?

Regards,

Chris.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You'd have to get that from your carrier I think...

S

SamG

I'm also in the UK and use a powerbook-bluetooth-mobile in 'dail-up' mode (rather than GPRS) and it works fine, if slow. You'll need a dail-up account - I use Virgin (and also one with a local phone number).

HTH

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
SamG said:
I'm also in the UK and use a powerbook-bluetooth-mobile in 'dail-up' mode (rather than GPRS) and it works fine, if slow. You'll need a dail-up account - I use Virgin (and also one with a local phone number).

HTH

Thanks for the info :)

Is the account a pay as you go dialuop account?

I know with my windows laptop i can connect my phone to it via infa-red and the samsung studio software i use for some reason just lets me connect to the internet as near on ISDN speed.

I was just wondering if there were some simple details i could put in that would allow my iBook to connect in a similar way?

Regards.

Chris. :mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.