Iphone 4 home button intermittent

Reaction score
The home button on my 4 seems to becoming intermittent and its starting to get very annoying. I got it from orange last october, it in good condition and no obvious drops etc. Can i just take it in to an apple store and have them look at it under the year warranty? I have no receipt but I may be able to get one from orange.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Within the first year you get free Applecare from the date of purchase, so definitely take it to the Apple Store if you can reliably show the problem to them.

C

chas_m

It's probably just dirty. Maybe a LIGHT TOUCH of compressed air and general cleaning will fix it up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Not sure if compressed air will even be able to get in to help. Unfortunately with the iPhone 4, the button isn't as robust as new models. Since you are still under the warranty period, I would definitely take it to an Apple Store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
My 4 has had this issue for a while. It is my excuse for upgrading to a 5. ;)

OP
D
Reaction score
I would love an excuse but I still have a year on my contract so I will be waiting sadly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.