Milky Spot on Macbook Pro screen

Reaction score
I have a 2012 13" Macbook Pro. A few weeks ago I left the laptop open in front of a window and when I started using it again there's a noticeable milky spot in the middle of the screen. It isn't visible when the computer is off, but when the screen is on the spot is visible, especially on a black background. Not too sure what to do, if any one has any ideas as to what the spot may be or how I can fix it it would be greatly appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Possibly a LCD defect. Since your machine is still under warranty, have someone at Apple look at it. Take it to your local Apple store if there's one near by. Make an appointment first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
C

chas_m

Not sure what this has to do with "leaving it in front of a window" unless you are trying to say you got it wet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.