App Store Unresponsive - Unable to run Updates

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, Dual Core Intel Xeon, Memory 18GB, MacBookPro, Intel Core 2 Memory 4 GB
My App Store is none responsive after latest update and I can not perform updates from this location. I can get some updates with Menu, software update but not all. I'm running Lion OS 10.7.5 and app store is stuck at 1.1.2 (92.9). It will not respond when attempting to sign in, but I can access the store through iTunes, however I can not get to my MacPro apps through iTunes. The App Store shows 3 updates waiting for installation but when I click on "update all" or attempt to update an individual update it returns "you must be signed in". After clicking "log In" nothings happens. The account is OK as I have updated my MacBookPro without a hitch (it is running Mountain Lion though). Being a older MacPro I could not update to Mountain Lion. How can I reinstall the App Store software or is there another solution. Thanks Koyangie

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Have you tried signing out of the APPStore and then signing back in?

If that doesn't work, download the combo-updater for the latest update to Lion and run that.

EDIT: Believe this is the latest
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1459

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Razormac, Thanks for the suggestions. Checked to make sure I was signed out of App store on all my devices, including iTunes without results. Downloaded the combo update for 10.7.5 and ran the update. No change, still can not sign-in to the App Store from the MacPro or run the updates listed. Any other suggestions? Other devices still work OK. Thanks, Koyangie

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The only other thing I can suggest is to deauthorize the Mac Pro (account settings in iTunes Store) then reauthorizing it. If that doesn't work I am out of suggestions.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Razormac, Gave it a try but still no joy. I looked at the oldest Time Machine version and it is the same (1.1.2 (92.9) so restoring made no difference. Hopefully someone else out there will come forward with another suggestion. Is there a procedure for replacing the OS without wiping the entire drive? I suppose I could do that and pull back other items from the time machine? Any thoughts? Thanks for your time. Koyangie

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Razormac, Gave it a try but still no joy. I looked at the oldest Time Machine version and it is the same (1.1.2 (92.9) so restoring made no difference. Hopefully someone else out there will come forward with another suggestion. Is there a procedure for replacing the OS without wiping the entire drive? I suppose I could do that and pull back other items from the time machine? Any thoughts? Thanks for your time. Koyangie

FWIW you really ought to have a bootable clone backup if you don't already have one. Carbon Copy Cloner is one option; clone your HD to an external, then wipe the disk with Disk Utility and reinstall the OS.

But, to answer your question, if you have a bootable USB of Lion, you can boot off of that and then do an OS reinstall without erasing (formatting) the HD.
Restart your Mac and hold down the Option key to choose a different boot drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.