Mountain Lion Dowload Stopped at 1/2 way

Ila

Reaction score
I've tried for 2 days to download the latest version of Mountain Lion. The first time it got maybe 1/4 of the way and then I got a message that it ouldn't be downloaded. I restarted it and it got aobut the same amount and got the same message. I restarted and this morning it was 1/2 way and just stopped. No message. I just paused it and restarted hoping to jog it into dowloading the rest.

My concern is two fold. First, will it ever download completely. Second, with all the starting and stopping will it be corrupted.

This is my first Mac, bought in December of 2011. I'm kinda out of my element with all this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Could be a permissions issue, try repairing permissions on the disk using disk utility.

Also, if you live near an Apple store you can go in and get them to download it on their network

OP
I

Ila

Reaction score
I've never used the disk utility but will try that. I wish I did live near an Apple store but the closest one is several hours away.

If it downloads this time, is there any concern that it will be a corrupted file since it's been restarted so many times?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, the apple download will always verify itself before finishing

And its a good idea to run disk utility about one a month

OP
I

Ila

Reaction score
I aso thought of something else. It seems to do OK during the day but stopped last night. I changed the power saver from shuttin down the hard drive when it could to leaving it on. I've had that problem before with the Windows computer. I hope that this is the major problem but I will run the disk utility too. Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If your computer goes to sleep it can drop the network, especially wireless, so that could be the problem

OP
I

Ila

Reaction score
That's exactly what the problem was. It's finished downloading and installing right now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.