Text navigation auto-appears on certain pages?

Reaction score
I was wondering if there's a fairly simple way to set up navigation to behave in this way. Let's say that I have a cell on the left side of my site that has simple text links as navigation, set up with the following main sections:

Home
About Us
Archives
News

What I'd like to happen is that when you're on any pages in the About Us section, for example, a secondary bit of textual links would be shown under the main About Us link, like this:

Home
About Us
...Sublink 1
...Sublink 2
...Sublink 3
Archives
News

But then when a user arrives on a News page, only News subpages would be shown (and the About Us sublinks would be "rolled" back up), like this:

Home
About Us
Archives
News
...Sublink 1
...Sublink 2

So basically, I'd like the sublevel navigation to only show when a user is on a particular section. My guess was that this would involve some JavaScript coding, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

m19

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah javascript or a server side language like PHP could do the job. To do something like this though you'll probably need to have some coding experience unless you can find a script that makes it easy on you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.