YouTube for iOS 6

Reaction score
It no longer can play movies via video out. Or is there a way? This is a PAIN for me as I like to watch stuff on my TV.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB 2.2 Intel Core Duo 2gb Ram - G5 Tower PPC - iPhone 4 - 2x3GHZ 12gb Ram MacPro Tower, ATV2
And on iPhone4 (at least) you can't do airplay from the new YouTube app either - it only does audio out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
It no longer can play movies via video out. Or is there a way? This is a PAIN for me as I like to watch stuff on my TV.

I use my Apple TV3 to watch You Tube and the iPhone to control the app saves the battery on the phone while allowing me to use other things plus there is always mirroring with the 4s and 5 on an ATV2/3 just a thought.

OP
E
Reaction score
I use my Apple TV3 to watch You Tube and the iPhone to control the app saves the battery on the phone while allowing me to use other things plus there is always mirroring with the 4s and 5 on an ATV2/3 just a thought.

I use the Apple video out adaptor on a regular TV.

Reaction score
ios6 and Youtube

I know that Apple will eventually fix the problems with iOS6 and Virginmedia but no Youtube video output means a couple of useless cables....
Thanks......
Maybe it's time for a move to Samsung (thought I'd never say that...........)

C

chas_m

I'm always a bit baffled when people say they watch a LOT of YouTube. It's a lovely service, but 95 percent of what's on there is complete and utter ... um, waste product.

But to fix the problem at hand. Have you tried Jasmine? I think it's a bit undercooked but I see no reason why that wouldn't work.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm always a bit baffled when people say they watch a LOT of YouTube. It's a lovely service, but 95 percent of what's on there is complete and utter ... um, waste product.

I guess we're both a bit old fashioned, because I happen to agree..... ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro.
Dito for me. I love Youtube and other streaming sites but I'll do that on my MacBookPro. I'm too old fashioned (and too old) to view streaming video on a little screen.

C

chas_m

To be clear, there is a lot of GREAT stuff on YouTube, but it's the needle-in-haystack aspect that I find cumbersome. Also, WAY WAY WAY too many people who think:

a. I'll just ad-lib this narration, and my voice doesn't sound awful anyway!
b. Everyone will be interested in this very common and ordinary thing I just discovered, or perhaps I'll pretend I'm a tech reporter and waste time doing a lengthy video about something that will be old news before I'm even done editing!
c. Sure I can get this in one take! This broadcasting stuff is easy, why do the pros exist and make so much money? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
But to fix the problem at hand. Have you tried Jasmine? I think it's a bit undercooked but I see no reason why that wouldn't work.

This is what i use, but only go on there if i need to find a certain thing. . . . .

C

chas_m

Just today a friend happened to show me YouPlayer, a free YouTube substitute for the iPad. So there ya go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.