Contacts - "Make this my Card"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
We have 2 Computers (27" iMac and 15" MacBook Pro) along with a few iOS devices.
My wife and myself have been sharing Contacts flawlessly for a number of months now thru one iCloud Account.

The small problem that we have currently is that the "Make this my Card" feature in Contacts is constantly changing to either myself or my wife when the Contacts "sync up".
I have never noticed this happening before but perhaps I was just not take notice of it changing. Sometimes the My Card feature has highlighted myself and other times it changes to my wife's Card.

I know that one approach would be to have two seperate iCloud Accounts and share each other's Contact info.
I am sure that there are a large number of people that just share one iCloud Account to make it easy to manage.

Is there a solution other than a second iCloud Account?
You would think that it would not be that difficult for Apple to leave that one bit of information (Make this My Card) to be stored locally so that does not "sync up" and change all the time.

Any suggestions?

DavidH

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.