Dropbox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz I7 4GB mem version 10.10 Yosemite // Ipad3 // iPhone 4S
I occasionally want to save an image from the web to my Dropbox app. Right now I have to save the image into a folder and then put the image into Dropbox. Is there a way to "right click" on an image and save it right to Dropbox?

This is using my MBP.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Just save it to the Dropbox folder on your computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I occasionally want to save an image from the web to my Dropbox app. Right now I have to save the image into a folder and then put the image into Dropbox. Is there a way to "right click" on an image and save it right to Dropbox?

You can certainly create a way to do it using Automator to create a Service workflow that you can access in the "right click" contextual menu at the bottom.

First, open up Automator. The type of document you will select from the popup will be Service.

Up top, where it says "Service receives selected...", change that so it reads:
Service receives selected files or folders in any application.
If you only want to send files, rather than entire folders, you can adjust that. Also, if you only want to do this from Finder (rather than any app), you can adjust that also.

On the left, in the Actions library, go to Files & Folders, then add:
Copy Finder Items to the workflow on the right. From there, change the folder to your preference.

Once done, save the workflow with a name that makes sense to you. You should now be able to copy any file or folder directly to Dropbox!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I just re-read your post (I should really do this in advance more thoroughly) and my workflow as posted won't quite work from Safari. I should be able to tweak it though. Let me think about that.

EDIT: or maybe not. I can't come up with a workflow that works as well as vansmith's much more practical suggestion. It'd probably require making an extension to Safari to make this happen, and I'm no developer. There may well be one that actually can do this, but I can't find one offhand.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz I7 4GB mem version 10.10 Yosemite // Ipad3 // iPhone 4S
Just save it to the Dropbox folder on your computer.

It was as simple is that. I just needed to change folders. :Blushing:

Thanks vansmith

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.