Imac won't close

Reaction score
Good day to all

My Imac 21.5" intel i7, with o/s 10.8.2 wont close (Shut down) every time I use Lightroom or Photoshop.

It does the same with my Macbook Pro with 10.8.2

I have to manually press the key on the back for a few seconds.

I suspect some files are left opened, even after I shut all applications off.
Could it be something to do with catalogs???

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ray

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The first thing I would try is to open System Preferences, General, and place a checkmark in the box that says "Close windows when quitting an application". If that doesn't work, you may have to open your Activity Monitor app and look to see what's still active prior to shutting down. Something is going on with Lightroom and Photoshop. It's possible that when you use either program another process or program is activated and not shutting down when you quit.

OP
R
Reaction score
Good day chscag,

I checkmark "Close windows when quitting applications." and if I don't open Photoshop, it closes in a jiffy. (2 seconds)
But If I open Photoshop CS6 no go. Has to close manually.

I also uncheck at closing "Reopen windows when logging back in"

As far as Activity monitor is concerned, sounds like chinese to me. (I did look at the activity monitor.)

Best regards and thank you

Ray

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.