Possible starting of carpal tunnel??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,
I just got my first Mac (13" mbp) a few weeks or about a month ago. I've been using the trackpad exclusively since I love it so much. But I'm starting to notice wrist/arm pain where carpal tunnel usually is. I don't know if it's just over-use or if it's going to turn into carpal tunnel. Has anyone else had this issue with the macbook trackpad? I am going to have to go back to using a mouse unfortunately. I love the trackpad but it's causing pain.

Have you had this problem?

Reaction score
With Windows' no-gesture, I rested my wrists at/near the touchpad, no problem. With a Mac however, I can't do that because the proximity of my palms interfere with the trackpad's, I notice I have to raise my hands so ever slightly and no resting, so I can see how this can get your hands tired.

But that's OK, certain things, I prefer the mouse anyways. I go back & forth. So when u get tired with the trackpad, move to the mouse.

Also, Apple's manual also admonishes you not to place the Mac so close to you that you have to twist your wrists. They should be fairly straight out.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Also, Apple's manual also admonishes you not to place the Mac so close to you that you have to twist your wrists. They should be fairly straight out.

That's fine if you have a 30" cinema display. Not so good if you're working with an 11" MBA. :p

Reaction score
If you are starting to feel pain in hands and wrists, what more do you need to know or be told? You are doing to much on the computer. Also you might need to build up the strength in your hands.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.