MacBook mouse stuck

Reaction score
My mouse was working fine throughout the day, but last night after waking the computer up, it was stuck. To the computer, it is as if the mouse button is pressed. The actual button seems to be working fine, though.

Searching online I found a few solutions. I cleaned under the button with printer paper.I noticed my battery is swollen, so I tried with a different one and without the battery on to know avail.

I would appreciate any insight on the matter because I really don't want to buy more parts than necessary. Thanks in advance!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What mouse are you referring to? Trackpad? Magic Mouse? Generic Mouse?

OP
G
Reaction score
What mouse are you referring to? Trackpad? Magic Mouse? Generic Mouse?

Sorry I had to rewrite due to a connection failure and forgot that part.

It's the trackpad. I tried using my regular USB mouse too and it doesn't work either.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, the trackpad is a bit more difficult to get at and trouble shoot. However, if a standard USB mouse likewise is not working, that says the trouble may be related to something else. I would be a bit worried that the swollen battery might have damaged something.

The best I can suggest is go to iFixit: The free repair manual and look over their take apart instructions for your model MacBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.