Get rid of registration window for Office in Guest Account

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've downloaded Workgroup Manager 10.7.4 and have used it to update the dock and make other permanent changes to the Guest Account, but I can't find a way to get the Guest Account past the initial Office Setup Assistant screen for Office:mac 2008 and have it stick. Everytime the Guest Account logs out and back in, it pulls up the Setup Assistant again. Any tips on how to complete that screen and have it stick in the Guest Account?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Register Office with a valid serial number.

OP
W
Reaction score
I've tried registering the product, but when the Guest Account logs out, all of that is deleted. Everytime the guest account signs in its as if it was opening Office for the first time... it asks for contact information, then asks if I'd like to sign up for automatic updates, then finally it gets to the product. There has to be some way to get the registration to stick in Guest Account the same way it does in my Admin account. I have Workgroup Manager installed and use that to change the dock and settings, but no way to get Office to start right.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When the guest account signs off, all settings are removed. That's the way it's designed. If you want the Office settings to stick, create a limited account with no admin privileges.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.