PLEASE HELP!! IPAD 3 Update Error

Reaction score
Yesterday I tried updating my jailbroken ipad 3 to ios 6. First, I tried through Itunes and got an error saying my devise was not eligible for the requested build. I then tried to download over wifi on the device and that failed too. I got a message saying their was a problem downloading ios 6. I went into Tiny Umbrella and I got an message saying to not restore my device and that I must kill httpd:pid(4). I went into the activity monitor and quit the process and reopened Tiny Umbrella only to get the same message with a new pid number. What should I do? I don't want to have my ipad jailbroken anymore and I want IOS6. Should I risk restoring my ipad? If anyone can please help me out I would appreciate it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
back your data up.

Reset the iPad from within the settings menu. Then try a restore.

If its still failing put it into DFU mode and force a restore

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions.

I reset the settings on my Ipad and put it into DFU mode then tried to restore through itunes but, I still got the same error message which is "This device isn't eligible for the requested build." Where do I go from here?

C

chas_m

Sounds like somebody was running an illegal dev build ahead of schedule. You can't update normally to iOS 6 from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.