IMac Screen flickered and now blank

Reaction score
I've had my 24" IMac since early 2008 - had to change the hard drive but other than that no problems at all.

Recently the screen has flickered and then gone blank. If left it would come back on again and work for a while with no problems. Over a couple of days the screen has gone totally blank - all is working well in the background as I have remotely logged into the computer.

Is this likely to be an issue with the LCD, graphics card or cooling. I have ran the widget that shows the CPU temp and it's constant at 52 Deg C.

Can any one help please.

thanks

Reaction score
Do you have the same problem when running in Bootcamp Windows?

SM

Reaction score
Ah, I see.
But it would be a good way to see if the issue is hardware- or software related.

SM

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I saw a couple of iMac G5 iSights with a dirty plug on the LDV cable to the LCD. You could open it up and check that.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks - I'll try cleaning the connector.

If I have to buy a new LCD can anyone recommend a good site - What is the price?

Cheers - LS

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.