Find My Friends names

Reaction score
I have recently updated to iOS 6 on my 4s and ipad new generation. I have also updated the 'Find my Friends' app however all my friends are now showing as an email address instead of their name as previously displayed in iOS 5. How do I have them displayed as contact name again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you restarted since the upgrade?

OP
B
Reaction score
All I have done is a complete power down of the phone after the iOS installation.After turning phone on again I then opened up the app to find the problem with my friends list.

Reaction score
You are not alone

Oddly, my girlfriend and I both have an iPhone 4 on the AT&T network. She shows up by contact name on my phone, I show up as an email address on hers. She has deleted and reinstalled the app. I have tried changing various iCloud settings and Contact settings, all to no avail. I presume it is some type of bug that is only affecting some of the phones, but I am nowhere near tech savvy enough to offer a solution.

Reaction score
Spent forever trying to figure out the same problem for my parents. Ended up being this:

Settings>Privacy>Contacts>Find Friends>ON (was switched to OFF)

Maybe you've tried this already, maybe you haven't.

Reaction score
iPhone connected to Exchange/Outlook

I too had been experiencing this problem. I decided to spend some real time troubleshooting it over the Christmas break. Here is what I've found:

The root of the problem seems to stem from the fact that my iPhone is integrated with the messaging system at my place of work--Exchange/Outlook. This integration provides a feature that will populate a suggested contacts folder with the e-mail addresses of the people that you frequently send e-mail messages to. Even though that folder is a child of the Exchange messaging conduit on the phone it appears to have some precedence system wide. I confirmed that my friends whose entries were giving me trouble in FmF had e-mail addresses in the suggested contacts folder. Here is what I did to resolve the problem:

1. Delete the addresses from the suggested contacts folder
2. In the contacts app, choose to hide all groups
3. Force quite FmF if it is running
4. Relaunch FmF

After these steps FmF finds the correct contact entry in the Contacts app and does the right thing. I'm even able to re-enable the display of groups in the contact app and FmF continues to work as expected.

Hope this is helpful.

Reaction score
This did the Trick!

Spent forever trying to figure out the same problem for my parents. Ended up being this:

Settings>Privacy>Contacts>Find Friends>ON (was switched to OFF)

Maybe you've tried this already, maybe you haven't.

This fix did the trick! Thank You. FSUDad

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.