Issues with wireless Apple Keyboard and Mouse

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have a wireless Apple keyboard and wireless Magic Mouse connected to my 2011 iMac.
Lately, I have been having some issues based on the connection. Occasionally, the mouse and keyboard will lose connection, but it would return a few seconds later. Also, when i am on a social media site, eg facebook, and i am typing a mesasge to someone, the first few letters of the sentence will not be detected by the Apple Keyboard. This only happens to the Apple keyboard, as my wired keyboards works fine, and my friends who also have an iMac do not have this problem. The browser I am using is Mozilla Firefox, as Safari no longer works. I am running the latest version of Mac OS X Lion.

Does anyone know of any fixes to this problem??

Reaction score
Try trashing a preference file (com.apple.bluetooth.plist) and restarting.

If that doesn't work...make the bluetooth devices "favorites."

System preferences>bluetooth. Highlight one of your BT devices. Click on the little gear and then +"show more."+ Click on the gear again and make the device a favorite.

And... no pun intended, but a fresh set of batteries works miracles as well...:)

SM

OP
J
Reaction score
Try trashing a preference file (com.apple.bluetooth.plist) and restarting.

If that doesn't work...make the bluetooth devices "favorites."

System preferences>bluetooth. Highlight one of your BT devices. Click on the little gear and then +"show more."+ Click on the gear again and make the device a favorite.

And... no pun intended, but a fresh set of batteries works miracles as well...:)

SM

i have replaced the batteries multiple times. but i will try the other options and let you know :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.