• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Imovie cuts off my iphone 4s video when editing?

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm having issues when trying to edit my iphone 4s videos in imovie.

Basically, what I see in the camera when recording and what I see in the camera when watching the video and what I see in the "project clip" area of imovie is different then what I see in the timeline section of imovie.

It's like I get the FULL video everywhere, including in the "project clip" section of imovie, but when I put the clip into the project, then the clip in the project area has the top of the movie cut off a bit.

I first could fix it within project properties by changing crop to fit in frame, but even now that's not working.

Here are some screen shots I did for you guys:

This is what the video clip looks like when I shot it, when I play it back and when I play it back in the "project clip" section of imovie.

Notice how much headroom there is.

https://skitch.com/ufeelmeyet/ew169/imovie

Ok now this is what the clip looks like when I add it to the project in imovie. Notice the headroom is gone?

https://skitch.com/ufeelmeyet/ew19j/imovie

Now I know it's not the same exact clip but the same thing happens throughout the entire video.

Can anyone help me? Do I have a setting off or something? Thanks!

Carey

P.S. I'm using imovie '11 version 9.0.4 and an iphone 4s.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.