So where is the new Facebook app?

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
I thought IOS 6 had a new integrated app. I went into settings and updated my username etc and it said it was installed...but the only Facebook app I can find is the old one I had previously.

Confused...

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
It's not a separate app, you can share photos and other things from those apps directly to Facebook. So if you go the Camera Roll and then share a photo, you will see options like Twitter and Facebook there directly as opposed to going to the Facebook app and then attaching the photos.

For general access to Facebook posts you would still use the Facebook application..

Reaction score
What did you use as Username?

I am trying to log into the facebook from the iPhone Settings but i am getting the following error:
Error Signing In
Could not communicate with the server.

C

chas_m

Facebook access is integrated in iOS 6. You're surfing in Safari and you see something you'd like to post to your wall. You can.

You're typing a tweet and decide you'd like to also post this to FB. You can.

You have a photo you've just edited in iPhoto for iOS. It's awesome. You can share it right from iPhoto.

That sort of thing.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Your login credentials should be the same as before. Nothing there should change. In my case, my username is my email address..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
If you are using the secure login feature of Facebook, then your normal password will not work. Once I entered my email and password it failed, and then I got my text from Facebook with a code to use in place of the password. This works the same way when logging in via OSX.

Do you have secure login turned on in Facebook?

Reaction score
If you are referring for the following, no I don't have it enabled.

::
Require me to enter a security code each time an unrecognised computer or device tries to access my account

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
If you are referring for the following, no I don't have it enabled.

::
Require me to enter a security code each time an unrecognised computer or device tries to access my account

That is what I was referring to. I have it set so no device can get on without a code.

Reaction score
i tried also using the passcode generator but no luck :( are you sure that facebook integration is compatible with iPhone 4?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
i tried also using the passcode generator but no luck :( are you sure that facebook integration is compatible with iPhone 4?

Yes it is, I've done it.

Reaction score
it seems that the problem is with my iPhone.. i have tried to log into with different accounts on my phone but still problem persists. then i managed to borrow another iPhone 4 and it worked like charm. I will do a restore tomorrow on my phone :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.