Changing mail accounts in iCloud and Mac Mail

Reaction score
I didn't know what forum to ask this in, so I hope that I'm close...

I’m so confused! I somehow seem to have set up multiple @me.com mail accounts, and I really don’t want any of them. The background: I ordinarily use Yahoo Mail from within Safari (looong story) on my Mac (running Mountain Lion). Call that account [email protected]. The Mail icons on both my iPad and iPhone are linked to that same account, [email protected]. My Apple ID is also [email protected]. Furthermore, when I click on “Manage your Apple ID” within apple.com, it also shows my primary email address as [email protected]. So far, so good. No problem.

However, if I sign in to icloud.com using my Apple ID and password and click its Mail icon, then the New Mail icon, the from field of the new mail message is [email protected]. Furthermore, when I sign on to the Mail application on my Mac and click on the New Mail icon, the from field of the mail message is [email protected]. How can I change these to the [email protected] account? And of lesser concern, how can I eradicate the 2 @me.com accounts?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.